Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Mountain Music & Medicine Show - March 20

Russell TannerThe sheriff was nice enough to let me park my wagon across from Nix's store up in Dahlonega last night for a performance of the Mountain Music and Medicine Show, I think in part because he wanted to see the show himself. With groups like the the Hoyles, the Georgia Mudcats, the Skillet Lickers, Mist on the Mountain, and the Buzzard Mountain Boys, who can blame him?

Etowah AdamsYoung Etowah Adams and his sisters Sarah and Selu opened the show with several pieces they learned through the Dahlonega "Pick and Bow" program for young musicians. I wish more towns had this kind of program (I could supply my show more easily with talented young artistes)!

Thanks to all the folks who work so hard to bring this show to town. Check back later this month to see more photos of the show. Hope to see y'all again in May!

No comments: